Could you answer 30 personal questions in a public forum? And would you want to? There’s a quiz going round Facebook but just to be different, I thought I’d answer them here!
1. Who are you named after? My first name, nobody, but my second name ‘Mary’ pops up frequently in my mother’s family.
2. Last time you cried? When our cat died.
3. Do you like your handwriting? I think it’s characterful. Everybody else thinks it’s the perfect inline cypher system.
4. What is your favorite lunch? Anything seafood! I also like salad of any kind.
5. Do you have any kids? One son; it’s his thirtieth birthday today!
6. Do you use sarcasm? Moi?
7. Do you still have your tonsils? Nope, nor my adenoids.
8. Would you bungee jump? Probably a bit late – I have a back problem. Possibly when younger…
9. What is your favorite cereal? My own made up muesli.
10. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, anything else is a lack of moral fibre. 😉
11. Do you think you are strong? Physically, less than I used to be. Mentally and emotionally, as strong as ever.
12. What is your favorite ice cream? Vanilla, preferably with some nutmeg and cinnamon.
13. What is the first thing you notice about someone? Their face.
14. Football or Baseball? Neither – couldn’t care less.
15. What is the least favourite thing you like about yourself? Can’t think of anything in particular, but I wouldn’t mind losing 10 kgs.
16. What colour trousers are you wearing? Black
17. Last thing you ate? Greek yoghurt
18. What are you listening to right now? My husband talking on Skype with his mates.
19. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red (or possibly royal blue)
20. What’s your favourite smell? Vanilla
21. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? The coordinator of my writing group
22. Favorite sport to watch on TV? None
23. Hair color? Good question!
24. Eye colour? Hazel
25. Favorite food to eat? Chocolate (Of course, it’s a food!)
26. Scary movies or happy? Happy, but it has to be a strong story.
27. Last movie you watched? Sully
28. What colour shirt are you wearing? Black with a white pointillé pattern.
29. Favourite holiday? Warm, good food and some interesting Roman ruins.
30. Wine or beer? Wine, especially the bubbly sort. Cheers!
Alison Morton is the author of Roma Nova thrillers INCEPTIO, PERFIDITAS, SUCCESSIO, AURELIA and INSURRECTIO. The sixth, RETALIO, will be published in Spring 2017. Audiobooks now available for the first four of the series